Bexleys Evening 10s TT
Come and ride in our fun and competitive 10 mile Time Trial (TT), series. We will be using the official course Q10/27 which starts and finishes near the bottom of Gorse Hill (formally Death Hill, A20).
All of the results will be posted on our results page, along with past years results so previous riders can see how you’re improving .
Please note there are some restrictions in the number of riders for the first few evenings on the following dates ; outside of these dates there are no restrictions.
- On the first ride we are limited to 20 riders.
- On the second ride we are limited to 20 riders
- On the third ride we are limited to 20 riders
- On the fourth ride we are limited to 35 riders
- On penultimate ride we are limited to 20 riders.
- On the final ride we are limited to 20 riders
Start Time – minute men
To secure a ride, please turn up by the time shown in the listing. Start times shown are one minute before the scheduled start time for number 1.
The start timekeeper will remain for as long as there are riders or as long as there is sufficient light expected for the riders to finish.
If you arrive late your chance of getting a ride is therefore dependent on the size of the field or daylight remaining. Please note that these times may be altered according to conditions on the night.
The District Council limits the number of riders we can have on some nights due to failing daylight. This is under bright conditions though and entry is always at the discretion of CC Bexley officials.
The usual reason for any cancellation is bad weather or bad light. We always hope to run the event and cancellation is often a last minute decision.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and Tweets for any and all regular updates.
Should the weather be generally bad the chances are that the event will be cancelled, but showery rain can be short term and very localised thus making it difficult to determine if the weather will hold out over our event.
In these conditions riders will have to take a chance if they make a trip to the start but, if your journey is in vain, don’t forget that you will be expected and welcome to join us in our club meeting venue nearby at the Horton Kirby Cricket Club.
Traffic disruptions, e.g. closure of the M20, may also force us to cancel the event without notice. Should an event be cancelled in advance it will be notified on the index page or by use of the event dates table above.
The course used is the Q10/27, details as follows:-
- Start in lay-by on A20 a mile west of Brands Hatch at bottom of Gorse Hill on A20.
- Proceed via West Kingsdown to turn at the round-about at the top of Wrotham Hill. ( 5 Miles)
- Retrace on A20, (5 miles ).
- Finish line is virtually opposite the start line.
A20 Gorse Hill, Farningham, Kent, DA4 0JT
Course record – 21.09
The course record is currently held by Ben Tullet – 21.09
The ladies record is currently held by ……
The entry fee, which must be paid in full to the start official, for 2018 is:
- £5.00 for current Bexley members
- £5.00 for Non Bexley members (must be a member of a CTT affiliated club)
Conditions of Entry
- The events are held under Cycling Time Trials regulations. (CTT or RTTC as formally known)
- Riders must belong to a club affiliated to the CTT.
- Affiliation will cost your club only £30.00 per year. More information can be gained from their website Cycling Time Trials. Affiliation is made through the district in which your club resides. Please select your district from their website for the necessary contacts.
- If you do not belong to an affiliated club and want to ride these events then all you need to do is join our amazing club CC Bexley.
- As a member you will save £1.00 per event and be eligible for the Ten Mile Championship Competition.
The minimum age for entrants is 12 years old and Parental consent must be given for all riders under 18 years of age.
Health and safety
CC Bexley will make every effort to ensure the safety of the event, however it must be remembered that the race is run on the public highway, and it is up to the rider to obey the all of the rules of the road and Highway Code.
Riders will be required to sign a disclaimer, available here, before starting the time trial.
There are currently about 4 miles of marked Cycle lanes in place on the course through West Kingsdown in both directions.
All vehicles should be parked in either lay-by near the bottom of Gorse Hill, or in the Car Park of the CC Bexley Clubroom at the Horton Kirby Cricket Club, or any other Public Car Park.
In order to comply with the course risk assessment declarations, apart from the Timekeeper there is strictly no parking at the finish.
Photographers are often seen around the course and riders have later asked if shots of themselves are available. We have had official photographers in the past, but usually they are associates of riders, or maybe just keen photographers seeing us as an interesting subject.
It is almost impossible after the event to locate the photographer so if you are interested in a print it would be best to ask around the riders and friends at the finish to see if he can be traced. If the photographer is commercial, he will usually make himself known at the start or finish.
After the Finish
After you have finished, why don’t you come along to our clubroom and either celebrate your brilliant ride or drown your sorrows while complaining bitterly to us about our unsporting course and bad timekeeping. We are at the Horton Kirby Cricket Club in Franks Lane, about a mile and a half north of the finish on the other side of the A20. Most of us will be heading that way from the finish and we will be pleased to see you.